Engineering Manager, SoundBetter || New York, NY USA || Jan 2020 - Sep 2020
- Oversee and mentor 7 frontend, backend, and machine learning engineers
- Supervise delivery for 4 project teams focused on backend, frontend, and ML deliverables
- Manage ongoing migration of technical stack from Ruby on Rails monolith to microservice infrastructure
Engineering Manager, Home Consumer Electronics || Stockholm, Sweden || Jan 2019 - Dec 2019
- Oversee and mentor a team of 6-8 fullstack and native engineers.
- Ship apps to 10s of millions of users on 8 TV and gaming platforms, including Playstation and Google Chromecast
- Conduct extensive hiring and outreach for full-time hires and contractors.
- Improve team eNPS and OfficeVibe scores significantly
- Work with diverse stakeholders - product, marketing, legal, communications, business development, design, and numerous technical teams - to road manage Spotify on Apple TV from start to finish
- Co-facilitate a number of department-wide hack days and hack weeks
WillowTree Inc. - Durham, NC USA
Engineering Manager / Principal Engineer || Jan 2017 - Oct 2018
- Oversee and mentor 14 web, iOS/tvOS, and Android engineering and QA professionals.
- Lead various company-wide initiatives, guided technical excellence across projects.
- Architect and contribute iOS technical fixes
- Liaise with clients, QA, development, design, project managers, and executives.
- Assist with extensive company hiring and outreach.
- Chief technical client contact and technical lead in implementing streaming subscription service for a well-known broadcaster.
- Lead technical direction and work with project manager to manage an agile four-platform team of up to 15 developers.
Apple Inc - Cupertino, CA USA
Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer - Siri || Aug 2015 - Nov 2016
- Adapt, port, and rewrite iOS Siri UI for initial release on macOS Sierra
- Create daemons and services to interface with system APIs in executing various voice commands
Software Engineer - Internationalization || Sep 2011 - Aug 2015
- Create and improve international APIs, language models, input methods, autocorrection, and keyboards for 50+ languages.
- Present twice at Apple Worldwide Developer Conference on Internationalization and related APIs
- Develop widely-used, public-facing name formatting APIs
- Create a low-level tool to update ICU timezone database over the air
- Develop web APIs and Social framework tie-in to OS-based social sharing
- Write concurrent, python-based pipeline to generate language models
Loqate, Inc. - Redwood City, CA USA
Software Engineer || Dec 2010 - Aug 2011
- Engineer, optimize, and streamline software for use in parsing international multilingual address data.
- Mine, clean, and index Chinese-langauge Wikipedia address data
- Create an autocomplete plugin to coordinate multiple form fields on the Oracle.com signup page
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC)
- 2015: “What’s New In Internationalization”
- 2013: “Making Your App World-Ready”
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA USA, June 2010
- B.A.S., Symbolic Systems – Natural Language Focus
- B.A.S., East Asian Languages and Cultures – Chinese Focus
- Oxford University, Oxford, UK, Jan - Mar 2010
- Fluent: English, Mandarin Chinese, Latin
- Studied: Swedish, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Korean
- Familiar: C/C++, Perl, SQL(MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite), React, Redux, Ruby, Rails
- Acquainted: Java, PHP, LATEX